Lens is seeking for a consultant with good knowledge of Kosovo business sector, to carry out a mapping of businesses in selected regions and research their needs in terms of growth and human resources. The activity will consist of both quantitative and qualitative research using different methods. The results will be used for the needs of USAID-funded Up to Youth project led by Global Communities. Lens is one of the two Kosovo partners in this project.
Up to Youth in Kosovo is a five-year, positive youth development project working with youth 15 – 24 years of age. The project goal is to empower youth to make a positive impact on their communities and build youth resiliency to risky behaviors.
This activity will be conducted in the period between March and June 2020 and it will be focused on the key municipalities where the Up to Youth project is operating.
The municipalities are grouped in three clusters:
- Cluster 1 (Hani I Elezit / Elez Han, Kaçanik / Kaćanik, Viti/Vitina)
- Cluster 2 (Mitrovicë South / Mitrovica South, Vushtrri / Vućitrn, Skenderaj / Srbica) and
- Cluster 3 (Istog / Istok, Klinë / Klina, Gjakovë / Djakovica).
The research could be focused also on other municipalities that directly affect the economic development of these clusters.
- Gjilan and Ferizaj which affects the business environment of Cluster 1,
- Peja which affects the business environment of Cluster 2, and
- Prishtina which affects the business environment of Cluster 1, Cluster 2, and Cluster 3.
The ideal candidate would meet the criteria below:
- Minimum ten years of experience in research/surveys/analysis and good knowledge of private sector in Kosovo.
- Master’s degree in development studies, economics, sociology or other related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Proven experience collaboration with USAID, the UN, or other international agencies is desirable;
- Knowledge of technical cooperation and development issues is an advantage; and,
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian is required. Knowledge of Serbian is desirable.
All the applicants who meet the criteria and are interested to apply, have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Request for ToR 0120 – Your name”, and ask for Terms of References and other application documents.
Applications will be accepted until 19th of February 2020.