Terms of Reference
For: Social Media Consultant for the “International Volunteer Day” activities, part of the “Volunteering for Youth and Private Sector Capacity Building” supported by UNICEF Kosovo Programme
LENS is a nongovernmental organization located in Prishtina, Kosovo that aims to contribute to the development of democracy and increase the quality of life through promotion of modern technology, innovation and better access to information.“Volunteering for Youth and Private Sector Capacity Building” supported by the UNICEF Kosovo Programme, is a project that aims to strengthen and further cultivate volunteerism among young people as an approach to increasing youth participation towards modern demands. This project brings together all stakeholders and serves as a bridge between young people and entities that provide opportunities for them.
One of the main activities of the project is the event that marks the “International Volunteer Day” and brings together up to three hundred (300) young people all over Kosovo to raise awareness on the importance of volunteerism.
- Objective of the service
Under the guidance and supervision of the LENS team, we are looking for a Social Media consultant that will assist in development and production of multimedia content in order to increase media reach & visibility effectiveness for the cause and the event, web-related activities, including transfer to the new website and social media in outreach and integrating digital into all aspects of implementation of foreseen activities of this event and other on-demand requirements.
In close cooperation with the LENS team the selected individual/company will be performing the following indicative tasks:
- Create content that is in line with the goals and objectives of the project and the event
- Create an outreach strategy
- Proactively create editorial content (stories, photos, advocacy images, contests, campaigns)
- Design and posts materials needed for the event
- Perform appropriate short interviews with the projects’donors, beneficiaries and Stakeholders
- Expected outputs
- Two-fold increase in followers by end of assignment.
- Stories, social media posts, videos, images, infographics, photos and/or any other content posted to digital channels.
- Social media pack prepared for all key activities, dates, launches, etc and shared with stakeholders, where appropriate.
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, social science, communication or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in social media management and/or writing features for the web
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts, especially Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter, as well as experience with preferably with organization; knowledge and understanding of local and global digital landscape and trends
- Experience with graphic design, ability to create designs for digital media purposes
- Experience developing compelling content to generate response from audiences online
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Albanina
- Previous UNICEF, UN and/or INGO experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Timing and Location
The service agreement will start from the 20th of November 2019 to 19th of December 2019
Timing: November, 2019
Payments will be made after the end of assgiment.
Interested applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 18th of November 2019, 12:00pm via email at email@example.com