Note: The application deadline has been extended until May 18, 2022.
We are happy to announce that the new edition of this year of competition about green and innovative businesses ideas has opened. The green and Innovative Ideas is a competition that aims to develop innovation for green business ideas locally and support the role of businesses in engaging local communities to generate business ideas based on local resource utilization, reviving production traditions and local markets.
Balkan Green Ideas is implemented in the six countries of the Western Balkans, as well as in Greece. A total of 21 competing ideas will participate in the regional competition, 3 for each country.
The goal of the Green Businesses competition is to support business initiatives aimed at social inclusion through integration and employment, and local economic development through environmentally friendly ideas.
Any applicant submitted under this Call must apply in one of the following LOTs:
LOT 1: Business Ideas at Conceptual Stage – This lot refers to business proposals that are in a conceptual/ embryonic phase. The fund will support business proposals for a period no longer than one year.
LOT 2: Businesses in the Pre-Seed Stage – This lot refers to business proposals that are already in the market, in the early stages of development, but existing no more than 3 years. The fund will support business proposals for a period no longer than one year.
The available fund for the regional competition is worth $ 40,000. Three prizes worth $ 10,000 will be awarded for three ideas from LOT 2. Two prizes worth $ 5,000 will be awarded for two ideas for LOT 1. In total, Three proposals will be selected from Kosovo competition. The selected ideas will be able to compete in the regional contest.
The competition is open to:
- Individuals. In case the business proposal is selected for funding it would be required to register that as a legal entity before the funding agreement is signed and funds are released. The legal form chosen is up to the individual and it should be foreseen in the business proposals. Individuals are not eligible to apply in LOT 2.
- Social Enterprises with a maximum positive balance of 10,000 EUR.
- Small business ventures with a maximum annual profit of 10,000 EUR.
- Non-profit organizations with a maximum positive balance of 10,000 EUR, referring to NGOs that have economic activities (sell products or offer services), with an annual profit not higher than 10,000 EUR without calculating donations or other funds.
The required documents
- Application form;
- Financial Budget;
- Business Model Canvas;
- A document certifying the legal status of the applicant entity (this does not apply to individuals);
- Financial statements of the last year (this does not apply to individuals).
For interested applicants, an online workshop will be organized to learn more about the completion and the application process. If you are interested, please send us an expression of interest to participate in the “Green Workshop”, writing to us at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, before the date, May 11, 2022.
Please download the guidelines as well as the templates required to be completed for application:
a. Guidelines for application;
Applications must be submitted electronically, entitled “Green Business Competition and Innovative Ideas 2022“, to the e-mail:
The deadline for submitting applications is May 18, 2022!