LENS is implementing the Project “Self-employment and Social Entrepreneurship for Youth”. The project is funded by the European Union through the IPA II Cross-Border Cooperation Montenegro-Kosovo Program 2014-2020.
LENS is looking for interested applicants with experience to apply for this job position:
Job title: Hacker-Space Coordinator – Full time
Duration: 14 months
Location: Peja, Kosovo
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be strongly committed and work collaboratively with project manager and with the whole project team;
- Organize activities and be involved on every stage of activities;
- Act as a facilitator in the Hacker-space, able to translate the project vision for creative learning, innovation and social entrepreneurship;
- Develop a creative learning community across the Hacker-space;
- Involve members of the community throughout the hole of the program;
- Ensure that members of Hacker-Space and participants have active role in learning and reflect their interests, needs and enthusiasms;
- Actively network and engage with youth and other external partners like schools and Colleges linked with the program;
- Coordinate meetings, activities and arranges schedules of training courses, workshops and side-events;
- Facilitate, monitor and help to improve the Training Program and of Hackerspace activities;
- Organize students and participants into teams and groups;
- Act as liaison between coaches, mentors, students and participants;
- Help and assist coaches, mentors and trainers with required paper work and other training materials.
- Evaluate training and workshop sessions success.
- Education in accordance with tasks and nature of the project (BcS or MsC degree) or relevant work experience at least of 5 years;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. Whereas knowledge of local language of CBC region of IPA II beneficiary Montenegro and Kosovo will be considered an advantage;
- Knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for creative teaching and learning;
- Knowledge of the ICT sector;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills, networking with youth and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving;
- Able to proactively address potential issues and committed to team’s success;
- Excellent computer and writing skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector;
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude;
- Positive and encouraging personality;
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
Interested candidates have to submit following application documents:
- A curriculum vitae (CV) in Europass format;
- A motivation letter;
Interested candidates should send application by 16 September 2019 until 16.00h to the following email address:
Subject: CBC Hacker-Space Coordinator – in Peja.
Only applications which have been received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be considered as eligible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview process.
About the project:
This project aims to contribute to the strengthening of the capacities of young unemployed people in Montenegro and Kosovo regarding their self-employment prospects in the digital economy. The overall objective of the project is to improve the access to the labour market for young people and encourage socially vulnerable groups to participate in society through development and promotion of the methodology and tools which will improve skills, competences and cross border exchange of ideas and
business among young people of the region. Is being implemented by Association for Democratic Prosperity – Adp-Zid, LENS, Liberal Democrat Center, and Creative Skills Center and will contribute to development of the digital potential in the border region between Montenegro and Kosovo. Youth coming
from municipalities of Peja, Istog, Deçan, Podgorica, Rozaje and Berane will have the unique opportunity to benefit in strengthening their skills, competences, interethnic exchange of ideas around innovative practices of social participation and participation in the digital economy sector.